Periodontal disease, as we are all aware, has an impact on general health. People who already have diseases like heart disease or who have impaired immune systems are those who are most in danger. You can get the best dental care in Wilmington, DE.
- The immune system is thrown into overdrive by gum disease-induced inflammation. Therefore, the body’s overall immune system becomes less effective due to periodontitis. A variety of systemic disorders and health issues result, including a reduction in life expectancy.
- Periodontal disease has been linked to serious systemic health problems, including the possibility of death.
- Heart attack or stroke – Bacteria from gum infections enter the bloodstream via the gums, causing plaque to develop and blood clotting. Blood clots can reduce blood flow, which can cause a heart attack or stroke.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma are two respiratory disorders that can be made worse by gum infection, which can alarm the body and create further airway inflammation.
- Diseases of the digestive system: The bacteria that infects gums might enter the digestive system directly. Inflammation in the gut and the onset of gastrointestinal disorders can result from gingivitis spreading.
- Low preterm birth weight – this medical condition has been noted in newborns of moms who have gingivitis as a consequence of germs getting into their circulation while they were pregnant.
- Research has shown a connection between osteoporosis and gingivitis, despite the fact that it mostly affects jawbone loss. Bone loss patients are treated by qualified oral surgeons who have a specialization in this area.
- Diabetes: People who have diabetes are more likely to acquire periodontal disease. The progression of gum disease also makes it more challenging to control diabetes because germs in the bloodstream can raise blood sugar levels.
- The basic fact is that the longer your body spends battling any low-grade chronic infection, the greater the likelihood that you may have consequences and become a victim of an illness that poses a serious risk to your life.
Periodontal disease fights a losing battle for your health. Your immune system is always engaged in a fight-or-flight scenario, which will lessen its effectiveness and lower your life span over time.
What can be done to avoid having to live with this illness?
By removing the infected teeth and replacing the remaining teeth with a whole mouth implant treatment, periodontal disease can be effectively managed. As a result, invasive microorganisms are eliminated, enhancing dental hygiene and general health.